Wednesday, August 12, 2009

GRACIOUSNESS

I have been watching a reality/game show on NBC called The Great American road Trip.....

(Seven families from around the country take the vacation of a lifetime, competing against each other for a dream prize. The families travel along the legendary Route 66, through big towns and small, and past iconic American backdrops like the Grand Canyon and the St. Louis archway, as well as less-traveled sites like the world's largest ketchup bottle and Cadillac Ranch. On their trip, they compete in a series of challenges that lead to one family's elimination each week, until only one family remains to take home the prize. Comic Reno Collier hosts.)

Well they are now down to three families....The Pollards.....The DiSalvatores.....and The Coote's..The Coote's have Won most if not all of the challenges.....and this Monday the Pollards won....and the graciousness of this family was just wonderful...they are in Vegas, and won a Night's stay at one of the best hotel's (I forgot which one) and they will be treated like "high Rollers" fancy dinner..you know...best room in the place....yadda yadda the whole nine yard's ya might say...well any way Mrs.Pollard wanted to invite the other two families to join them for dinner and kinda "share the prize" so to speak....The DiSalvatores came to join them.....and where surprised by the invite.....The Coote family on the other hand decided to sulk in their RV (they traveled in the big fancy RV's..each with their family name on it..lol) The son actually got mad that they lost....and the daughter cried...as they were going back to the RV they have ALL the crown's (from winning all the "king of the road challenges) on the dashboard...and the Dad says this is what it's all about right here pointing to all the crowns....How sad for that family..I think anyway...sending a bit of a wrong message there...Because winning is good but it certainly isn't EVERYTHING. Is the son going to get pissed off when he gets older..if he loses..prolly...when he doesn't get the "promotion" at work he thinks he deserves?? Is the daughter going to cry when she faces the same things??? I could be wrong here but.....who am I? I personally think the Coote family could learn alot from the Pollard family. Oh like being gracious.

After some well needed rain my weeds shot up..lol had to mow...got the old sprayer out and sprayed some weed killer on the weeds by my neighbors garage,and mine....My other neighbor came out with his weed wapper....and tried to wap them down for me so the poison would work faster...but he didn't have heavy duty line it it...so it didn't work to well...so I cut the bigger one's that were taller than me with my clippers...I would have just mowed them down but I have an electric mower and I don't think my cord woul have reached. So I just sprayed the heck out of em instead...lol

hope everyone is enjoying their week!!

1 comment:

betty said...

sounds like the Coote's are sore losers; that is sad because it isn't helping the kids learn that it is really okay to lose and that not every time you will win something. The Pollards sound like a gem of a family in that they "get it"; winning is not all that important, but being kind certainly is! Glad they are enjoying some of the benefits of winning that particular challenge

it is amazing how fast weeds grow isn't it? I find the most effective way to get rid of them is to spray like you did

my week is going pretty good so far :)

betty