Cuba, known for its abundance of vintage American automobiles, baseball players and Buena Vista Social Clubs, has found itself in the middle of full-blown Cuban Toilet Paper Crisis.The state-run company that manufactures the country's T.P. supply, Cimex, said they are currently unable to produce or import enough raw materials to make more toilet paper until at least December. "The corporation has taken all the steps so that at the end of the year there will be an important importation of toilet paper," said a Cimex spokesperson.Meanwhile, President Raul Castro announced budget cuts last week that slashed imports by 20 percent. That, combined with the raw materials shortage, has led to the rapid disappearance of toilet paper from store shelves.Until more supplies are produced, citizens are encouraged to conserve toilet paper by tearing off fewer squares, switching from two-ply to one-ply or using cigar wrappers.
(FROM WIERD NEWS)
At times, things get a little worse.
6 days ago
.jpg)


5 comments:
OMGosh!!! The things we take for granted!! THAT would be HORRIBLE!! I'm stocking up... I don't live in CUBA, but I'm scared now!! LOL!!
Do the have corn cobs in Cuba? The pioneers used leaves and whatever they could find. They need to get creative. Or maybe every household in the USA & Canada, could send a
4-pack to Cuba. Although the wealthy could go to Costco and send one of their 36 roll packs. Very interesting...Linda in Washington
that is weird news for sure! but I'm sure true weird news; makes you want to send them a case of toilet paper for humanitarian aid
betty
My entry in the USMC the DI told us we got ten squares a day, use them wisely. (I can't explain in writing, it must be demonstrated how it only takes one sheet per toilet visit, if you know how.) LOL
BUTT, cigar wrappers? ROFLOL
TAke care.
Jack &Sherry
Maybe we can send them a few rolls
for cleaning up. That is so funny.
I am my way to the PO to send a 4 pack. Wal-mart brand.
Thanks for stopping by always good to hear from you. If you hear any more good news keep us informed.
Shirl
Post a Comment