Wednesday, June 10, 2009

MY FRIEND RETIRED TODAY.....

My friend Dennis retired today,had a great party at the "pub" of choice..Steny's....man we are a loud bunch...almost got a head ache...lol and there was no music going..just people trying to talk over each other...I saw a few people I haven't seen in a long time..had to call a couple guy's sassy brats...lol...they weren't sassy but I call them that anyway...beer and pizza were served...free beer of course...I drank soda...We were happy he had the party planned for today instead of yesterday.....because yesterday there was a horrible shooting across the street, two police officers were shot..they are critically injured..they stopped a young man for routine stop..and they guy just turned aound and shot them...(one officer was 21 and the other was 26) they never even had a chance to reach for their guns. they did catch him hiding in someone's basement...he probably could have been killed too...he realized he forgot to lock his basement and when he went back to do so..it was locked....he had been working in the yard I guess and he had to run an errand,and he went o go lock the basement..cops of course were verywhere and asking questions so when he found his basement door locked he went and told them.(the shooter was on a bicycle) They got him out in an hour.
I wonder what is wrong with people nowadays....so quick to shoot...whatever happened to just beating the heck outta someone????? Not that that's any better but dang...alot better than just shooting someone. Very sad...it was in a safe(r) neighborhood too..not one where you would expect this kind of thing to happen...I guess lots of people came to the aid of the officers..a UPS guy tried to follow the shooter so they had some idea of where he went.....cops were going door to door....just a shame...

hope you have a great rest of the week.

3 comments:

garnett109 said...

it's going back to the old west good guys vs bad guys

Gin said...

I don't think any neighborhood is safe any longer. The other day my children were on lock-down at school because they were searching for some guy that shot someone else. I almost died. We moved to this community because it was one of the safest communities in our town. Crime is everywhere nowadays.

betty said...

that is sad about those cops getting shot; I'm glad they caught the guy though. I blame some of the problems we have with violence on the economy these days but also some on video games. kids/teens see people getting shot all the time in video games and they can desensitized to it. then they pick up a gun or get a gun for somewhere and think in their head its "okay". just sad!

hope your friend has a nice retirement; I bet he's glad to get out of the rat race

betty