Thursday, June 18, 2009

2009 DARWIN AWARDS...LMAOOO

The Darwin's are out for 2009!

The Darwin Awards

Yes, it's that magical time of year again when the Darwin Awards are bestowed, honoring the least evolved among us.
Here is the glorious winner:

1. When his .38 caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach, California would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked.
And now, the honorable mentions:

2. The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat cutting machine and after a little shopping around, submitted a claim to his insurance company. The company expecting negligence sent out one of its men to have a look for himself. He tried the machine and he also lost a finger. The chef's claim was approved.

3. A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his vehicle to find a woman had taken the space. Understandably, he shot her.4. After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.

4. An American teenager was in the hospital recovering from serious head wounds received from an oncoming train. When asked how he received the injuries, the lad told police that he was simply trying to see how close he could get his head to a moving train before he was hit.


5. A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter, and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer... $15. [If someone points a gun at you and gives you money, is a crime committed?]

6. Seems an Arkansas guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that he'd just throw a cinder block through a liquor store window, grab some booze, and run. So he lifted the cinder block and heaved it over his head at the window. The cinder block bounced back and hit the would-be thief on the head, knocking him unconscious. The liquor store window was made of Plexiglas. The whole event was caught on videotape.(I actally saw the vidio to this...funny stuff)


7. As a female shopper exited a New York convenience store, a man grabbed her purse and ran. The clerk called 911 immediately, and the woman was able to give them a detailed description of the snatcher. Within minutes, the police apprehended the snatcher. They put him in the car and drove back to the store. The thief was then taken out of the car and told to stand there for a positive ID. To which he replied, "Yes, officer, that's her. That's the lady I stole the purse from."


8. The Ann Arbor News crime column reported that a man walked into a Burger King in Ypsilanti, Michigan at 5 A.M., flashed a gun, and demanded cash. The clerk turned him down because he said he couldn't open the cash register without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk said they weren't available for breakfast. The man, frustrated, walked away. [*A 5-STAR STUPIDITY AWARD WINNER]


9. When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle street, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline, but he plugged his siphon hose into the motor home's sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges saying that it was the best laugh he'd ever had. (careful out there Jack...lol)


*** Remember.... They walk among us!*** And They Breed!


LOL have a greaty night everyone

9 comments:

garnett109 said...

Loved the last one ! Lmao!

betty said...

these are always so funny and so sad in a way that they are all true

the one I liked the best was the bus driver and the mental patients

have a great weekend

betty

Joann said...

These are HILARIOUS!!!

Jon said...

Truth is not only stranger than fiction - it's also funnier! Thanks for the laughs!

Wait. What? said...

Chicago is serious about parking spaces - if you shovel it - it is yours!

krissy knox said...

Hi Melanie. Sorry it took me so long to get over to your blog. John has been sick and I haven't even had time to write about it. Also my Dad's heart stopped and he had to have 3 operations -- three catherizations, two angioplasties, and two stints. He had three blocks in his arteries -- two were 90 percent and one was 40%. We were told 4, so I'm not sure if it was 4 blocks or 3. We were told he would have had quadruple bypass surgery if he weren't so old, so they merely gave him two stints, bc that was all he could survive, via one exploratory surgery, and two stint operations. John has had a bad time too. Three horrible operations, really they could have technically killed him. And then one stay in the hospital in April, that could have killed him also. And since that stay he has not been cured of what had ailed him that hospital stay. It was a reaction to some cells (live adult human which were donated by permission of the people) which gave him such a horrific allergic reaction that he had a "severe systemic reaction," almost went into anaphylactic shock that could have closed up his breathing and killed him, and still plagues him until today, even though the treatments ended in April. In Feb, March and April during the treatments he was injected by IV with massive doses of steroids, and still takes steroids via mouth to this very day, to hold the reaction off. He is going to be kept on prednisone (a steroid) until next month, at which time his cancer doctors will have had him tapered off, and will decide what to do with him.

John at this point will be a mystery, as they won't know what to do with the allergic reaction. He went on the IVIG initially bc he didn't have antibodies, which he still doesn't have, and that means he has no immune system. If he catches anything it could kill him, quite seriously and literally. He may also have, Graft Verses Host Disease. GVHD is when his donor, that he received during his bone marrow transplant, rejects him, as the donor (which has taken over his body -- that's a good thing!) does not recognize him, and rejects him. That's a very bad thing if he gets rejected by his donor. I am not sure if that makes his cancers come back (yes cancers -- he had more than one), but it's a serious thing. The bone marrow transplant put more than one cancer into remission...

There is a remedy for GVHD. His oncologist would put him on immunosuppressants, which would supress his immune system. Know what that means? It would cause him to have even less immunities. He would have no white cells. He would be able to fight off NO infections. He may as well be "the boy in the bubble." We would have to stay home ALL the time. We are already staying home most of the time, as he has no antibodies, which puts him in much danger. If he has GVHD, he would have to stay home 24/7, as he also wouldn't have white cells. If he got sick w no white cells, he would probably die. He wouldn't be able to fight anything off. Last year and this year when he tried to fight off chicken pox, shingles, zoster pneumonia, fungal pneumonia, etc, it was EXTREMELY hard, and he almost did not live. It was more than one time that I was told, if you did not get him here within 1 or 2 days, had waited ANY longer, he would have died -- we would have lost him. Good thing you got him here, we were able to save his life. Expecially with the chicken pox. That almost killed him. And the IVIG saved his life by taking away the two pneumonias, although that in itself almost killed him...

Okay, I'm going to continue this comment in the next comment. When I write too long, it cuts me off. I don't me to be so long, but I AM MAKING A POINT, LOL. You will see what it is in a minute...

krissy knox :)
main blog: Sometimes I Think
http://sometimesithink-krissy.blogspot.com
follow me on twitter:
http://twitter.com/iamkrissy

krissy knox said...

To finish up, and sorry this is so long, Honey, I gave you all the info in the above comment bc I wanted to let you know why I haven't been blogging -- I haven't had time! As you can see, I've just been busy! Way, way, way too busy! You asked me in my last post on Sometimes I Think if I would continue to be blogging in Sometimes I Think if I do a Twitter blog to help others learn Twitter.

The answer is an unequivocal YES! I am going to do both!

If you thought that I wasn't writing in Sometimes I Think because I lost interest, it just isn't true. It is bc John often has health problems.

So does the rest of my family. I don't want to go into all of them, but 4 more of my immediate family members have serious health problems and at least 2 of them have very serious surgeries coming up in the next few months. I won't go into that right now.

And of course John has his problems to be figured out in the next couple of months. I am expecting him to be most likely hospitalized during some of that time.

But I'm not going to put my life on hold. I'm going to write in Sometimes I Think when I can. And I'm also going to occassionally do other blogs. If you look in my profile, I believe I have 8 blogs, but I write in them at different times. I AM going to start a twitter blog, to help people learn twitter, even if it is only one person, bc i want to help others! Gosh dern it, life goes on, and I want to participate!

I guess I get an attitude, and get kind of sad, when I can't keep up on Sometimes I Think the way I want to. I also get sad when readers think I don't want to. I HATE disappointing my readers. i ALSO hate having them not understanding why I don't post as often as I do. I would think that they would know that John was sick, as many times as I tell them what is going on!

I feel I am between a rock and a hard place at times. Sometimes I get folks saying, "You don't post enough, you don't tell us what's going on." That hurts deeply bc I don't want to let my readers down. I've been blogging for over 5 years.

Then at other times I hear, "Stop posting negative things, if it's negative, we don't want to hear it! When you are ready to tell us John is better, let us know then!"

It seems I can't win for losing!

Yes, I'll still post here. When I can.

And yes, I will do a Twitter blog.

I've been on Twitter since Nov. 2008. I love it. It's one of the best things that has happened to my life. It has really changed me. It has given me a good attitude in life. It has helped me make friends. Some don't understand the concept behind it. They think you are to say what you are doing, to a few friends, but that's not what it's about! What it's about is learning new things, mostly from people you've never met. it's about gathering new friends, and learning from them about life, about good attitudes, about how to stay healthy in mind, in business, in body. It's about personal growth! That's what I want to share with others.

So who's in?

I hope this post was taken in the spirit it was meant to be taken in. Sorry I get frustrated sometimes, it is more that I get frustrated with my life sometimes, as it has been rough for four years, no 10 years, being interrupted as it has -- but now I am learning to make the most of it I can, and have the best attitude I can with it, making it into what I want it to be, with the help of my friends,and with the help of the Lord.

Thanks for standing by me, and I love you all,

krissy knox :)
my main blog:
Sometimes I Think
http://sometimesithink-krissy.blogspot.com
(or click on link above that says krissy)
please follow me on twitter:
http://twitter.com/iamkrissy
soon to be changed to:
http://twitter.com/krissyknox

jack69 said...

I was at the computer and Sherry was laughing herself silly, have you read up on Melanie yet? No! You had better.
This is great now That I have gotten here. Thanks for the laughs!

CharmedPluto said...

Rotfl lolz I loved the guy who tried 2 steal gas lolz