Saturday, June 6, 2009

Enjoy. Take time to read the very last sentence.

Enjoy. Take time to read the very last sentence.

A two minute read... As I was walking down life's highway many years ago,
I came upon a sign that read Heaven's Grocery Store.

When I got a little closer the doors swung open wide
And when I came to myself I was standing inside.

I saw a host of angels.
They were standing everywhere
One handed me a basket and said "My child shop with care."

Everything a human needed was in that grocery store
And what you could not carry you could come back for more

First I got some Patience.
Love was in that same row.

Further down was Understanding,
you need that everywhere you go.

I got a box or two of Wisdom and Faith a bag or two.
And Charity of course I would need some of that too.

I couldn't miss Some Faith It was all over the place.
And then some Strength and Courage to help me run this race.

My basket was getting full
but I remembered I needed Grace,

And then I chose Salvation for Salvation was for free
I tried to get enough of that to do for you and me.

Then I started to the counter to pay my grocery bill,
For I thought I had everything to do the Masters will.

As I went up the aisle I saw Prayer and put that in,
For I knew when I stepped outside

I would run into sin.

Peace and Joy were plentiful,
the last things on the shelf.

Song and Praise were hanging near so
I just helped myself.

Then I said to the angel
"Now how much do I owe?"
He smiled and said "Just take them everywhere you go."

Again I asked "Really now, How much do I owe?" "My child" he said,


"God paid your bill a long long time ago."

2 comments:

betty said...

that was a very good story/poem, Melanie; thanks for sharing it here!

enjoy your week ahead

betty

JOHN said...

Melanie,
I really like that poem.Im going to print it and put it on my Church bulletin bord if you dont mind.I would like to some how get it in Spanish to.My Church is bi-lingual.I am in charge of the bulletin board,I noticed on some blogs you can click a button and change it ti any langauage,I must learn how,Thanks again for stopping by.I love your blog,Maybe you can send a few fruends over my way.The more the better.Rgank You for Miss O's prayers she is sweet lady