Saturday, January 7, 2012

FIRST WEEK IS IN.....

I really enjoyed my first week at the clinic.....Did an EKG.....gave some shots......had my first mentally challenged patient....the only thing she would let me do was her blood pressure....and I barely got that...lol....and My first "devil child" he was fine in the waiting room...but the minute he heard his name...he commenced to temper tantrum land and well let's just say he did NOT want anything to do with me...the other MA or his mother......and apparently not the nurse either judging but the screaming that ensued after he was put in the nurses room...lol I guess they all cant be like Judah and Jonah...and Sam's....We also restocked all the rooms...I know...excitement right?!.......lol. The only thing that is disappointing to me is I am not getting a chance to do a lot of the things I learned in school... bandaging and taking out stitches because there are no Dr's here just nurse practitioners and nurses..so they just do it themselves.
I also allowed myself to get a bit "discouraged" The two other MA's that are working with me were telling me they know people that have been looking for MA jobs for over two years... and then started to feel like "why should I continue" But......You know me "NEVER GIVE UP!! NEVER SURRENDER!!" Beside there are several people who would prolly kick my sorry ass if I gave up being this close the the end.....so I will continue.....

More later

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont even think of giving up.I judt might take a few classes.We are both young.Theres,always going to be Nursing help needed.Ive always wanted to open an assisted living place where I live."Pimentel Place"They would have quality care.

jack69 said...

Uh, uh, YOu give up? Ain't no way. And do not let that 'job' thing discourage you. There are plenty of good folk looking for jobs, but keep in mind there are plenty of idiots applying too.

In my opinion you fit what you are doing, as my friend (?) Winston Churchhill said, "Never give up!"
Love ya!

Missie said...

MA jobsw are hard to find around here too. A few years back everyone seemed to become MA's because there was a shortage. Not anymore. Hope you had a good weekend.