SOMEONE PLEASE SLAP ME FOR BEING NOSEY..
Well I was having a good day after all the house work I was going to do today was done (well almost)....Till came to reading everybody else's journal's...and came across a little innocent looking thing to click on on Sugar's journal....pet memorial.....WELLLLLLL....I did and well..cried...cried some more.....THEN it hit me like a ton of big bricks........November 9,2001 I had to have my dog put down. His name was My Buddy (I did not name him he came with that moniker) I got him when he was 5 years old, he was 13 when I had to have him put down. He was a German Shepherd. 125lbs. of PURE mama's boy. Loved puppy cookies,baby carrots,frozen grapes.....(he'd kill ya for a frozen grape)and the last bite of whatever "Mom" was eating....He was such a good dog.....well most of the time...lol. I stopped on the way home one day to chat with the neighbors (next door) and Mr. Big ears heard me..and some how got his fat butt up on the small decorative table I had a plant on along with a basket of a few candy canes I left from Christmas,and a sucker. I saw him up there and yelled for him to get down...he did knocked the plant over and the table..well I figured damage was done,finished my chat with the neighbors..and went in.......my 2 cats looked at me like the dog did it!!! Well..he decided the candy canes and the sucker looked pretty good to eat....so he did.....wrappers and all.........a few day's later I had him i the back yard and he was having "difficulties" and looking at me like "help me Mom" with those big brown eyes of his....I of coruse being a smart azz Mom...said hurts don't it?? Well after a bit of struggle he got his business done...turquoise sparkly poop......(raspberry and blue berry candy canes) I kid you not. Well it was more "iridescent" then sparkly....but I thought it was funny..well kinda. Another time he was in ka-hoots with the cats....to this day I have no clue what was in it for them....But....I went to the bread store the day before...and had gotten several packages of the little mini-doughnuts...powderd...and had them on the counter..well cats will be cats...and Feebee decided he was going to knock all the boxes of doughnuts off the counter and onto the floor. (I know this was Feebee from past experience) Well I come home from work and there are douighnut boxes ALL over the living room...two cats looking at me like the dog did it....(Mom knows better than this)I looked at the dog....and said what did you do? he just looked at me with those big brown eyes........... I miss that stupid dog.
3 comments:
he sounded like a wonderful dog and friend; I bet he kept you laughing with some of his antics too; sorry you had to put him down so many years ago; thanks for sharing him with us
betty
LOL...we are now going thru a bit of the same with our cat Pickle..she is into most everything when someone is NOT in the room with her...sheesh...she is a pain...but we love her..so what can we do...but clean up the messes...LOL...bet Buddy was a good friend too...God Bless...hugs..Ora
I had to laugh out loud at you saying you missed "that stupid dog"~Funny!
Post a Comment