MY CACTUS DIED YESTERDAY..............
My poor cactus.....dropped over yesterday.... I was so proud of it. I grew it from a tiny little seed.......It was the lone survivor. So today I finally decided to clean it up......got the kitchen tongs out..and picked it up gently from its last resting place and showed roomie....she said whats that???? I told her it was my poor cactus.....she went AWWWW I know...so sad.....I had it for quite a few years tho, so I don't know the "life span" of "captive cactus's" ..lol It was about 7 inches tall and top heavy....don't know why it never got a fat bottom.Ora has a picture of a beautiful Christmas cactus in her journal...I had one of those too I think it's just because I don't get a lot of good sunshine in my living room (west facing) and trees block most of the sun....because my wandering Jew is going bananas in the kitchen!!! (east facing) I discovered I cant put plants outside anymore because of Don's demented Demons......they dig them up to bury their nuts in them. (**&^^%$^^*&%)Well have a great night all..........going to go mourn the loss of my cactus for a while
5 comments:
I'm so sorry! I always assumed cacti would live forever since they didn't need much care, guess I was wrong :(
hoping despite this, you have a great Friday :)
betty
Hi Honey, Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Sorry about your cactus!! I'm TERRIBLE with plants, I can't even keep a pathos alive!! Those are supposed to be the EASIEST!! LOL!!
Take Care,
Joann
We have a Christmas cactus too. Only bloomed once since I've been in this house.......the first Christmas, after my Mom died. Hasn't bloomed since~
awww sorry your cactus died...I overwatered one of mine this past summer...it was outside...and it just up and rotted in the pot LOL..I love my plants and flowers..inside and out...but I really like it when I can put the plants outside...they make such a mess inside...and the cat...she thinks they are her special toys!!! gonna have to deal with her...can hardly wait until we put up the Christmas tree....to see what she does...LOL..probably will find her resting inside it a time or two LOLOL...we will seeeeee!!! hugs from Ora in KY
A sad event indeed. I was watching comedy central yesterday and there was a joke about a guy whose cactus died and he said he felt like an inadequate gardner in that he had managed to kill a plant that even the desert couldn't kill.
Jimmy
Post a Comment