I know this is a bit late but I just got this ealier today and thought I'd share....
I don't know if it is true or not,but....
All together for what the soldier says.. HIP HIP HOORAY.
********************************************************
This is written by a young man serving his third tour of duty in Iraq. Thought you might find his take on the Michael Jackson news interesting. ____________________________
Okay, I need to rant.
I was just watching the news, and I caught part of a report on Michael Jackson. As we all know, Jackson died the other day. He was an entertainer who performed for decades. He made millions, he spent millions, and he did a lot of things that make him a villian to many people. I understand that his death would affect a lot of people, and I respect those people who mourn his death, but that isn't the point of my rant.
Why is it that when ONE man dies, the whole of America loses their minds with grief. When a man dies whose only contribution to the country was to ENTERTAIN people, the Amercian people find the need to flock to a memorial in Hollywood, and even Congress sees the need to hold a "moment of silence" for his passing?
Am I missing something here? ONE man dies, and all of a sudden he's a freaking martyr because he entertained us for a few decades? What about all those SOLDIERS who have died to give us freedom? All those Soldiers who, knowing that they would be asked to fight in a war, still raised their hands and swore to defend the Constitution and the United States of America. Where is their moment of silence? Where are the people flocking to their graves or memorials and mourning over them because they made the ultimate sacrifice? Why is it when a Soldier dies, there are more people saying "good riddence," and "thank God for IEDs?" When did this country become so calloused to the sacrifice of GOOD MEN and WOMEN, that they can arbitrarily blow off their deaths, and instead, throw themselves into mourning for a "Pop Icon?"
I think that if they are going to hold a moment of silence IN CONGRESS for Michael Jackson, they need to hold a moment of silence for every service member killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. They need to PUBLICLY recognize every life that has been lost so that the American people can live their callous little lives in the luxury and freedom that WE, those that are living and those that have gone on, have provided for them. But, wait, that would take too much time, because there have been so many willing to make that sacrifice. After all, we will never make millions of dollars. We will never star in movies, or write hit songs that the world will listen too. We only shed our blood, sweat and tears so that people can enjoy what they have.
Sorry if I have offended, but I needed to say it. Remember these five words the next time you think of someone who is serving in the military;
"So that others may live..."
Isaac
At times, things get a little worse.
6 days ago
.jpg)


3 comments:
oohah!!!!!!
You know, I've heard so many say that people don't respect our soldiers, and other service people... but I've never seen it.
I've always seen a tremendous amount of respect (WELL DESERVED).
We have Armed Forces Day, Memorial Day, and Veterans Day for the purpose of remembering and honoring our military personnel, past and present.
I understand Isaac's frustration, Michael Jackson's service may have been WAY over the top, and our service people do deserve the ultimate of everything for the price they pay and the sacrifices they make... but they ARE respected by MOST Americans... maybe by ALL Americans.
i AM A MILITARY MAN, I understand where this guy is coming from. I can understand the frustration. But here Joann is right. I got the same e-mail from two different soldiers. Maybe one just felt the same and changed the name.
But WE signed on the dotted line saying we were prepared to give our lives in the defense of our country. Many have made the ultimate sacrifice. God bless 'em and their families.
It is always good to remember the serviceman and the VET. Thanks for keeping the thought alive.
Love ya!
Post a Comment