Wednesday, July 29, 2009

PURINA DIET...

(MY FRIEND PAT'S DOG DICKIE)



Yesterday I was at my local COSTCO buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my loyal pet, Biscuit, the Wonder Dog and was in the checkout line when woman behind me asked if I had a dog.
What did she think I had, an elephant? So since I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again.

I added that I probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms. I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry.

The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.)Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me.

I told her no, I stepped off a curb to sniff an Irish Setter's butt and a car hit us both. I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard.

Costco won't let me shop there anymore. Better watch what you ask retired people. They have all thetime in the world to think of crazy things to say.

5 comments:

garnett109 said...

now that's funny!

Gin said...

The poor woman never knew what hit her did she? Ha, ha!

jack69 said...

Had a lot obf problems in the last couple days just getting a comment completed. Now I have to go ont he Purina Chow diet to boot. hahahaha!

It is funny how folks will ask the most obvious questions. When the most witty of humans can have a great come back. I always say (15 minutes later) I should have said blankety blank. My mind never is on time. (except to eat!)
Sherry & Jack

JOHN said...

Melanie,Please tell me you didnt do that to the poor cashier.And why nis a witty,s=mart.funny woman like you doing,single???Come on ny and say hello
JOHN

Melanie said...

No john I did not do that to the poor lady...I'm Like Jack I think of that stuff just a tad late....lmaooo
Melanie