Monday, March 30, 2009

PLEASE TELL ME I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO DID NOT KNOW THIS!?!

I can't believe it's been there all this time.
I had to go into the kitchen and check this out for myself.
Whoever looks at the end of your aluminum foil box?
You know when you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box.
Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over..
The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time.
Well, I would like to share this with you.
Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and
for some reason I turned it,
and looked at the end of the box.
And written on the end it said, Press here to lock end.
Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place.
How long has this little locking tab been there?
I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too.
I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too!
I can't count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out,
when I was trying to cover something up.I'm sharing this with my friends.
I hope I'm not the only person that didn't know about this.
I know you're going to go and check your boxes, so go ahead!
I got this from a friend of mine and thought it was soooooo funny...lol

5 comments:

Joann said...

I'm having a hard time believing that everyone's just now learning about it.... I've known about it all my life, my dad always used it, I don't like it. But this e-mail going around telling people about it boggles me, I really thought it was just a given.

Linda's World said...

I'm with Joann...I've known about that for years. Very handy little gadget, to keep your foil & wrap from rolling out of it's package. Linda in Washington

LYN said...

I KNEW IT~~~ LOL
BUT I DON'T USE IT...

Teresa said...

I had no idea!! LOLOL I'm thinking well "jeez..can I be more unobservant???"
No one ever told ME about it!!!! (grumble, grumble) Thank you for sharing LOL. Hugs, Teresa

shirl72 said...

I only found that little secret
about the tabs about a month ago.
Like you when pulling tin foil or
plastic wrap I had to chase the roll over the kitchen floor. It is
a neat little gadget if you know about it. I am Jack's sister who
blogs on shipslog.

Shirl