Saturday, September 24, 2011

DID YOU KNOW............

* The human nervous system contains 90-180 BILLION neurons!!!


98.8% reside in the brain! 1.2% are distributed throughout the spinal cord!!!





* Did you know....We are cross wired!? YUP!!! The Medulla is the place (area) of your brain where the nerves from the left side of your body cross over tho the right side of the brain and the nerves from the right side of the body cross over to the left side of the body!!


cool huh?





* If you could unfold your cerebral cortex,it would cover four(4) sheets of typing paper!!!!





*You CAN live with half a brain! with only slight problems...EX. hemispherectomies of the left hemisphere slight limp..limited use of one of your hands and arms...and no right peripheral vision in either eye and some language deficits!!

I had a website to go with this but it's not working at the moment..I prolly copied it wrong...lol


enjoy...I got some more good ones for another time

Later

3 comments:

Paula said...

Have you learned anything about the blood platelets?

JOHN said...

Melanie.
That entry made me nervous just reading it.Just kidding.Wow very impressive.Keep on With it the good work my friend.
John

jack69 said...

I don't believe this crap!
* If you could unfold your cerebral cortex,it would cover four(4) sheets of typing paper!!!!
NOT MINE. lol, THEN LOL

Hey baby, it is good to be back and see 'Honey!! I'm Home!!! is still working and learning. It all sounds great. And here is one OLD MAN that is proud to read this stuff from you., Shucks last year you couldn't even spell Abdulla!(LOL)

Love you
From Florida, Sherry & Jack