Friday, June 11, 2010

IF I HAD A DOLLAR.........

Well it happened today.......I lost my job......and if I Had a dollar for every time I heard.."What are you going to do now" I could retire......Or the other seemingly favorite "any plans?"
GEEEEEEZE can I stay in my jammies for a few fricken days?! I think I deserve it...after 9 days short of 22 years....lol....I think I might check out going back to school.. for what ..I'm not sure...My roomie cried when I got home(?!) I lose my job and she cries....I did get a bit teary eyed when I left after writing a nice e-mail to some of the people I have worked with over the years..and putting my "badge" in the little black box on the way out the door :(

Our planner took me and the other lady to lunch yesterday.......went to Botana's that was WAY good...ever in town and want great Mexican food....816 south 5th street...lol enchilada soup..HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended...matter of fact it's a MUST have.

anyway...that's it from me for now....

9 comments:

jack69 said...

Okay, Whatcha gonna do now?

Just a little light joke, I know, very little.

Let me make a suggestion or two about school. Since I know you have not had any suggestions or help in that area.

Go to school for nursing. Senior care is big now. Us old folk will need Carers.

Go to school for Heating and A/C repair. (But don't tell your friends they will want theirs fixed for free!)

Apply for a Federal Grant to study all us street people.

BUT.... I thinka you gotta the right idea. Sit around for awhile, you will come up with the thing you need.

While you are sitting start a book of Bus tales!

TAke care Mel. You have been a trooper and I'd bet the Admin types knew it.
The best to you in what ever you decide. We all are waiting, you have two days!@!!!

LOve YA!

garnett109 said...

Take the summer off and enjoy!

betty said...

I'm sorry Melanie. I think it is always hard to come to this point where you are jobless especially after so many years at that company; whatever you decide to do, I know it will be carefully thought out and the right decision for you!

betty

Missie said...

Guess it's time for a new career? Hope you're having a good weekend.

G-Man said...

Relax...
Stay in your Jammies a few days.
Draw Unemployment for the Summer...It's OK!

Toon said...

Take some time for yourself now. If people keep asking what your plans are, just say "I'm doing consultation for now". Nobody knows what that means lol

shirl72 said...

Get with the Government and you will never loose your job.
Take a break you need a rest.
You are a dependable worker and will not have a problem getting
a job. Good Luck.

PS: Jack was so helpful with his
suggestions. HEE HEE

Shirl

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel..catching up on blog comments...and so sorry about the job...and for what it is worth..step back...relax...enjoy some nice weather...and give thoughts to what you want to do!!! now I know you are not wealthy and the paycheck is nice..and now no deal...but don't grab the first brass ring that comes around...personally I have never been in this situation..but I know alot of folks that are these days...giving positive thoughts are best...like Jack says..you are a trooper...someone nice to be around...so hang tough...and God Bless...love and hugs...Ora in KY

Joann said...

I'm so sorry that you lost your job, Mel!! It's so unfair after 22 years!! UNBELIEVABLE how bad things have gotten in this economy.

Wishing you all the best.