Wednesday, September 9, 2009

VOLUNTEERED AT OF THE FOOD BANKS HERE TODAY

Oh my God!! I am sooooooooooooo tired! Two hours of work....hard work too,but felt good to do it,it really did. I figured I had to go and get food a few times so I figured the least I could do is help fill the bags and help distribute it. Anyway I don't think I (myself anyway) I could keep going if I didn't help..I guess my "pride" gets in the way of just taking..I know they are there to help and all but for me I have always taken care of myself and well ...just not used to needing to ask. So I asked last time I went to get food if they needed some more help...they said we always need help..so I will be returning for more torture next Wednesday also..lol. I was amazed at the amount of people that came threw the doors..120 families...And this is just a small parish food bank. all the people I met and worked with today were very very nice people..they even had some visitors from northern Peru.. St.Hyacinth's I believe the name of the town is..and the food bank is at St. Hyacinth's church here..lol. I have to admit it did make me feel good to help on the inside anyway...may not be able to move tomarrow but.....

have a great night all..I'm going to bed...

4 comments:

garnett109 said...

that was o cool that you helped

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Good for YOU!!!......we have a local food bank and recycled clothing center here......Mom and i make knit hats and donate them......gives us a warm-fuzzy feeling.....

Happy for you.....LindaMay

Neil A. Waring said...

Great Job--wish I could get up the gumption (is that really a word?)

Anonymous said...

You are blessed to help and to pay back a bit for the help your have received..glad you were able to do your part...hugs to ya..Ora in KY