Saturday, May 2, 2009

WHAT A GORGEOUS DAY FOR A WALK!!!

What a gorgeous day for a walk!! Today was our annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk...I cannot remember the last time we had such a great day I think it was 2006!!! Usually it is cold and/or rainy....or both.Us dedicated walkers, walk it rain or shine...I don't walk it anymore...back and feet and knees say no way ..But I have a "job" back at our picnic area...photographer..I will be posting some later. So far $28,000 (and counting) has been raised by our company so far...goal is $50,000! We did come out $190.00 short last year. One of our cancer survivors made it this year,she has missed the last couple of years because her husband has been ill..but she was bound and determined to come this year...and she did! Was great to see her. And OMG!!!! were there the walkers this year....WOW!! I think they estimated it at over 4,000!!!!!! Even the Klementz sausages were there...lol Our CEO got an award for community service he didn't go up and accept it tho...(I'm Thinking he is shy ...lol) Very nice man he is...We get a pic taken every year I call it the top of the heap and the bottom of the heap picture.


Well that's it for me for now...all the great fresh air I got today is catching up with me and I need to got rest...lol

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

3 comments:

garnett109 said...

Sounded like a great day!

Gin said...

Great day & for a great cause. Doesn't get better than that.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great day walking and a great crowd doing the walking...wonderful cause also...and yes...a rest now from all that fresh air LOLOL...looking forward to the pics...happy day...hugs..Ora