I got a plate and ELEVEN....yes...I said ELEVEN screws!!! Had the surgery on June 27th.....and it really wasn't as bad as I thought...The surgeon called the next day and asked me if I remember talking after surgery....I'm like...ummm...no...He said I asked to see the x-rays.....LOL...I remember nothing...The first thing I remember is someone sticking a pill in my mouth and giving me some water....lol. ....NOW here is the bad news....on July 18th I was pulling up my sock w/ my brace on....and got a sharp pain in the wrist....didn't last to long went about my business ...post office...food store....came home and discovered my left thumb was no longer working right ☺sooo the next day called surgeon...had an ultra sound MRI is out because of the hardware. I guess what happens sometimes when you break a wrist real bad is sometimes a tendon gets frayed...leave it to me....I will be asking the Hand surgeon he is a different than the wrist guy...what would be the consequences if I DON'T have the surgery..if is going to give me any issues a few years from now, because right now I just can't lift it when my hand is flat on the table and can't make a thumbs up sign👍 , and have some difficulty tying my shoes....anyway I will keep you posted...I see the hand surgeon tomorrow.
Weather has improved at least humidity wise.
Well that's what's up in my world..
Later
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about the additional problem. I am always amazed at the 'specialties' in medicine, a wrist man and a hand man. WOW. Of course any part that moves that many directions must be complicated.
Hang in there!
Post a Comment