Monday, May 11, 2015

WOW...WHAT A MONTH!!! (KINDA)

I am dealing ok with the diabetes.....there are somethings I still don't understand...but as I think of them I write them down and will ask Dr. next time I go in....My sugar is still not under control as much as the Dr. would like anyway. I am trying really I am...I gave my sister ALL of my noodles....rice...pancake mix...sugar....cookie mix and a cake mix that I had....I don't eat white bread..(unless I have too) and limit the wheat bread to 4 slices a day or less.....and I walk a mile a day...sometimes more if I am feeling rambunctious. My friend who also has diabetes for a few years now is trying to give me some helpful hints but...I will take care of my own....I won't take her advice because she still eats the caramel apple pancakes from I-Hop... so..I will figure it out for myself...lol.

 On one of my walks around the park (1 mile around) I met this wonderful lady who EVERY morning she goes around the pond we have in the park and picks up all the litter and crap people toss in....so now I help her when I can. Me and one of my neighbors (who is also diabetic) took our walk around the park and we picked up all the litter from the perimeter....We are going to try and do that twice a week or so...she has been having some back problems so she hasn't been joining me on my morning walks like she normally does. People sure are pigs.....pick up your crap and toss it in the trash...sheesh!!

OHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!GUESS WHAT!?!?!?!?!  Go ahead guess!!!!!!  Can't guess?  I got a call the other day from some lady.....She told me her name and told me her husband was looking for his birth father... (?) and then asked if I knew a man named Michael Jarozewski.....I said yes he was by brother (brother #2) SOOOOOOOO  I got to meet MY nephew!!!!

HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!! I don't see to much resemblance except for the nose...lol (not mine brother #2's)He does however strongly resemble  Brother #1's daughters son. Who just got married.....and Brother #2 was a grandpa! I wish they would have gotten to meet...I really do.

Anyway...My hours still suck..I guess I will be polishing up my resume... I cannot live on $76. and some change a week.They told me they have some hours at another facility..but I have heard nothing.Kinda makes me mad they told us they did not want to lose any  of us..but....they will if they don't do something to rectify it.
Anyway....that's what's up in my world!

Later............  

2 comments:

jack69 said...

The walking sounds great. The litter control concern sounds EXACTLY like you.
I hear of the mysteries of birth parents all the time but have never been knowledgeable of anyone close to the situation. That must be such a kick. Neat entry.
I know something will show up for you on the job scene.
Glad you are dealing with the diabetes..
Love from North CArolina.

Jon said...

Sounds like you're doing very well and admirably dealing with your diabetes. Keep up the good work. I'm glad you got to meet your nephew.

I love the quote that you have on your blog header.