OMG!!!!! really!? The wonderful city of Milwaukee has decided I needed a "new" water meter.......SOOOO I let them in to change it......He was a bit befuddled by the location....A pit in the basement floor.....Dude...I didn't put it there.......Anyway he got it changed and announced that I have an "inoperable inlet shut off" (?) ....OK....SOOOO a week or two later I get this "Notice" that I need to get said valve fixed and you have 30 days in which to do it......So..I call the plumber...estimates (ballpark...at my request) guy says..."about" $600.00.......OK.....Plumber comes over today and sees the pit in the floor ....and says WOW haven't seen one like this in ages......BUT..he is an older plumber so he has dealt with these pits in the floor before...He laughed and said some of the younger guys prolly would not have known how to even deal with it....lol......(It's NOT my fault my house is 8000 years old)....Well 115 anyway (Circa 1900)....It went from $600 to about $2000.00!! AND....I lose the sink and toilet down there. I don't care about that to much seeing I don't use my basement for anything....not even storage...to many spiders for my taste.....and God knows what else is living down there......ick. WELL....that was problem number one....Problem number two.I now have ROACHES.....OMG!!!! I am scared to death of them!!! I prolly bought one in when I brought a box of my brothers belongings into the house after his demise.....So my friend CJ is going to help me rid my house of them. They are under my fridge....YUCK!!!!!!!! Now for problem three.....MICE......my cat is almost useless in that department......Although she did bring me one once as a nice "gift"...I now have a very "smart" mouse (mice) now....won't get caught in a trap won't get stuck on sticky trap.....~~~SIGH~~~
Other than that not much else going on...go next month to get my new "numbers" (A1-C) and all that good stuff...I hope they went down I have been working very hard.
Well that's what's up in my world.....still alive and kicking
Later.......
1 comment:
IMMA cry with you! Wish I could do more. That whole idea is sick. Since I am not there I cannot imagine that price for repairs and certainly don't understand losing a a bathroom. Oh well I do understand the helpless feeling though.
Love from North CArolina at 100 degrees.
Post a Comment