Yesterday I went to the annual
Kick off breakfast for Making strides against Breast Cancer. I do this every year,It is fun and a great cause. I have been doing it for about 15 years now. (this was the 16th annual!)
I have noticed the crowd at the breakfast gets bigger and bigger every year,it has almost doubled!
It is held an a beautiful venue...The Italian Community Center. They have a wonderful staff there,not to mention the best bacon...lol.....and the yummiest coffee!
Every year they have different speakers and they thank all the people and companies that allow their employees to work and promote this in their work place. Most even match the employees pledges (Rockwell is one that does). They also have someone from the American Cancer Society,to tell us what different ways the money gets used and all the stuff it gets used for, They also always have a cancer survivor to speak aslo.Most years there is not a dry eye in the whole place.
.jpg)


2 comments:
Thank you for doing this.
You are a dedicated young lady, you must have started the breakfasts at ten years old.
Great cause and it sounds like good people. YOu hang with some nice folk.
Hoping also for a cure. Very few families are not touched by this terrible disease. Sherry's sister was a victim and a survivor.
Love from across one of the big lakes.
Post a Comment