Hand Dryers
Everyone in the cleaning industry has always been told that hand dryers in restrooms are not sanitary, they spread germs and bacteria around. I always thought that this just came from the paper companies because they are loosing sales to the hand dryers. A couple of years ago, I was working with a rep, and I noticed that after he washed his hands and noticed that there were no paper towels, only a hand dryer he left the restroom with wet hands. I asked him about it. He said that hand dryers blow a lot of germs and bacteria around. He also told me to take a look under the hand dryer next time I was in a restroom. There is a filter underneath the hand dryer that is supposed to be cleaned on a weekly basis. I looked at one and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. It had layers and layers of caked on gunk (disgusting). Since then I will not use hand dryers in restrooms. Now this is where the story gets really interesting. The schools and universities that have had the H1N1 (swine flue) outbreak this year are being told by the health department that they have to take out all of their hand dryers and replace them with towel dispensers because the hand dryers are spreading disease. Please pass this along so everyone knows not to use hand dryers.
At times, things get a little worse.
6 days ago
.jpg)


3 comments:
First of all, H1N1 is not a bacterium, it is a virus.
There are no filters on the bottom of hand dryers, only inlet grills.
The 'gunk' you see is if the hand dryer has never been wiped clean is dust and grease. Bacteria and viruses are invisible.
Bacteria and viruses are not spread by hand dryers according to all studies, period. This is a fact backed by The Mayo Clinic and various research labs in Canada and the USA.
"The schools and universities that have had the H1N1 (swine flu) outbreak this year are being told by the health department that they have to take out all of their hand dryers and replace them with towel dispensers because the hand dryers are spreading disease".
Sure.
In fact it's just the opposite, major colleges, hospitals, manufacturing plants, office complexes, retail etc., nationwide are moving to convert from paper towel dispensers to new, innovative high powered and modular hand dryers.
I don't dry my hand period either with the dryer or paper towels. After cleaning, the last thing I want to touch either by pushing the dryer on or scrolling the paper down is more germs! I always keep clean wipes in my purse.
Hi Honey...that is why I think they should only use the "sanitizer soap" in places..you don't have to dry after using it...it dries in the air...you know what soap I mean...I carry it in my purse as do my girls...my grandson carries one in his back pack...so away with hand blowers...just put in sani soap!!!! God Bless...and thanks for the tip...hugs..Ora
Post a Comment