Tuesday, October 27, 2009

DAY 18 AND DOING GREAT!!

Well day 18!! whoo hooo OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY.....do I want a cigarette!!! but no I won't give in..the cravings usually last about 10 min or less. So I can deal with it.
Weather here is crazy....rain rain rain...beautiful day beautiful day....rain rain beautiful day.....you get the picture....Well anyway at least the weekend was nice.. went to Wal mart Saturday......omg never going there again...ha ha ha..800,000,000,000 people ready to check out....2 checkout lines open.....no FRICKEN KLEENEX (puffs) Had to buy 3 separate boxes of puffs with lotion Hate puffs with lotion..wipe your glasses with those by mistake once you will understand my disdain for them..lol. Got so mad..forgot to get cat crystals for the cat litter...so I went Monday after work.....guess what .....? yep same 8 bazillion people waiting 2 check out lines open...and...guess what else.......no cat crystals....grrrrrrr. (&*%$%^)((&*^%$%$###$@#.........


I have noticed roomie has to...since I gave up the smokes I don't hack in the mornings anymore..woo....smell and taste I am still waiting for...lol. The exaggerated appetite has abated..sheeeeesh that was very strange..lasted for about a week . Glad that wasn't permanent..lol I didn't give in to that either..I drank water instead...lol worked great...I read somewhere that sometimes when you "feel" hungry you are actually thirsty...I do drink lots of water so I just drink a little more now.

have a great evening

7 comments:

Cindi said...

keep up the good work....!!!!!!

7 yrs no cigs for me!!! and I feel tons better!!!

You can do it....have the strength to continue on

xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Melanie....great work...just make me feel so good to know how hard you are trying and doing ti!!! So I know how good YOU feel about it all...I have never smoked so I really don't know what you are going thru...but do know it cannot be easy...so gitter dun girl...go for it...hang tough...LOLOL..and all that good stuff LOLOL...hugs from Ora in KY

garnett109 said...

been off them 12 years this nov.

Linda's World said...

I never have been a smoker but my sweetie was a smoker for over 40 years and he quit cold turkey about 7 years ago. I know it's a horrible addiction and I have great respect for all who are able to give them up. Everyday, you don't smoke, you'll begin to feel better and better. Keep up the good work! To clean your glasses: run them under warm water and use the next clean wash cloth to dry them~works great every time. Then just fold the cloth back up and it can be used when needed. Linda in Washington

Debbie said...

Congrats on being smoke free for 18 days. I need to do the same but after smoking for 39 years I just haven't found the willpower yet.

Paula said...

Yepp, I stopped smoking in May this year. Oh boy, never thought it would be THAT hard. Remember a day, wher I was dertermined to get a cig, went out to the gas station, passed it, went into supermarket, caught myself at the cashier with 3 slaps fo choclate instead. Turned around, put all away, went home without cig, without chocolate. Never had one since! I am pretty proud of myself and you can be proud of you!

jack69 said...

That is great lady!!!!! Keep it up. YOu nearly have it whipped!!!!
YOu are a big kid you can do it.!
Lov e from NC