Tuesday, February 24, 2009

MY WEEKEND..ALL 4 DAYS WORTH!

Well....Thursday boss asked everyone if they wanted VOT'S (voluntary off time) So I took an hour and then decided to take Friday off as well. I was planning to to take a half day Monday for a Dr. appointment...Then said what the heck and took Monday too! Friday I went and paid my property taxes...let me tell ya the charm of that wore off...lol. After that I went to downtown books...a huge HUGE used book store! two floors of pure bliss!!!! Picked up a couple books for roomie and several for me...lol.
Then I went to South Milwaukee to another used book store that a friend of mine owns (Re-reads paper back Exchange) and bought several more books,and visited for a while. I got me some Jeffery Deaver (5).....Dean Koontz (2).........a James Patterson....a Stephen King...and a Patricia Cornwell...Roomie got Valley of the Dolls and Catcher in the Rye....and for a funny I got her "V"...lol (from the T.V. mini-series)
Saturday..guess what I did??? Parked my butt on the couch and read a book..lol..One I started a while back..was about 190 pages into it and I finished it....was 542 page book...Could not put it down.....Jeffery Deaver's "The twelfth Card" lots of plot twists. Saturday was a great day for that because we had another snowstorm...grrrrrrr. Had to interrupt the book reading once to go shovel. Sunday I did the normal laundry ...dishes..even mopped my floors...ick. Monday Dr.s appointment..I lost 8.8lbs!! WOOT! I do have to get fasting labs done yet will be doing that Wednesday morning 7:30 am..grr will be starving to death before I get there...lol. I went to lunch afterwards....Cafe LULU's...yummie!! I had me a "mooney tuna" and some lulu chips..yum!
Today it was back to work as usual...

2 comments:

jack69 said...

Good entry. I never read until I retired, now I can't get enough. Love Patterson. I love Jack Higgins and Just finished one by Reed Arvin, 'The Will' I enjoyed it more than I have a book in awhile. I like Grisham and I think Reed is as good as Grisham. Anyway good to relax and take time off and read if possible. Thanks fro stopping by ther Shipslog.
Jack

Teresa said...

Now, THAT sounds like a utterly wonderful way to spend the day ~ in a book store!! it's like Christmas everytime and you just can't wait to get home and settled and start reading. Other worlds and demensions (sp?) here I come!!
Hugs, Teresa