Well yes I am still alive....my residents are working my last nerve......especially "the quilter" She is a riot! She is 89 years old.....and still quilts by HAND!!!!! Pieces them together by hand and quilts them! She is amazing....she had some Batting issues today so I had to help her straighten it out.....3 times...LOL....She was looking for me and asked "the know it all" where's that white lady? Apparently the last time we pinned the backing on I put it on upside down.....lol No she never remembers my name....
The "Church Lady" (aka "the demented old bat") also...never remembers my name.....calls me Merl....she is normally the sweetest thing.....just don't piss her off.... ask how I know this...lol messed up her oatmeal one day..sheesh.
"The know it all" is my second job....he is ok..has hired two of us...and usually keep him company for two and a half hours...after the little work we have to do for him...
Then there is "The Artist" he is the youngest of the residents we take care of...he is AMAZING!! He is "physically challenged" he only calls if he needs dishes done or some veggies cut, he does his own cooking tho.
and he is an amazing artist..
Anyway...we had nice weekend weather last weekend! we had two days in the 50's!!!! Even took a nice long walk...from 27th street to 8th street....AND beat the bus home...LOL.
Well that's what's up in my world
Later.............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)


5 comments:
oH HO! THE Know it All! I like that. It is nice you can accept the position as the know it all! (Since you do!).
It is amazing how you mention quilting by hand, my mama always did. It used to amaze me what she could do by hand.
Love the thoughts of an artist still able to be known as an artist.
I do like this entry. Keep up the good work. Love ya!
LOL Jack!!!!! I am NOT the know it all...he is one of my residents 1 of 4
the quilter
the church lady
the artist
the know it all.......LOL
Shucks, I thought allthe time wyou were the know it all. LOL.
When hiking the Appalachian trail we learned everyone had trail names i.e. Sundowner, fast feet, Gadget, Miles to Go, we were the Overland Hermits.
So I see now, they all get assigned 'trail names'. ahahahaha
Thanks for straightening me out. Sherry came by as always after me and let me know I was wrong. (Happens a lot. hahaha)
Love from NOrth CArolina
Stopped by to say hello. Love browsing your posts.
Jimmy
Post a Comment