Thursday, May 13, 2010

HERE IS THE MOTHER OF ALL BUS STORIES....

Ok....Had to go to the food store after work......for coffee creamer.....which I forgot......easily distracted I guess....anyway.....got on the bus on 43rd.....bus driver just got done telling some one to either get some earphones on his radio or turn it off.....I sat down half way to the back of the bus and the guy across the aisle takes a knife ....yes a knife....out of his pocket...he was NOT threatening anybody with it...he did NOT seem angry or upset....he was just tapping it on his leg...and playing with it like it was a pencil...I was watching.closely and decided I was going to vacate the bus...so on my way OUT of the bus I let the bus driver know that the guy had a knife..and that is why I was getting off the bus........so..I waited for the next bus.....I saw the bus I just vacated..pulled over.....this bus driver picks up.....EVERYONE from the previous bus...the one I just vacated.....~sigh~ INCLUDING the guy with the knife......at this point the second bus driver knew there was an "issue" on the bus in front of him but could not say anything...a few blocks later...he pulls over and stops the bus (traffic was snarled anyway because of some exotic animal incident which apparently included a 12ft alligator...and some huge snakes and turtles and God knows what else....on 13th str. the excitement never ends...lol) bus security came and talked to the driver....quietly of course...I guess everyone decided they needed to vacate this bus too...people get a bit testy when they are delayed...hmm. So off everyone went...INCLUDING the guy with the knife....sheriffs got him as he was leaving tho...so I mentioned to the driver what I saw on the other bus and was going to make a nasty phone call if nothing was done about the guy with the knife so I wound up talking to bus security and the sheriffs department and the bus drivers boss.....~sigh~ they asked me what kind of knife it was (no idea) how big was it...(about 6-8 inches) what color? (black and dull silver..looked like it was all black at one time and the pait was worn off... handle had holes in it...was not a folding knife) did he threaten any body? no..was for the most part just tapping it on his leg...(picture me doing a demo...lol) and talking to his ladyfriend(?) whom was also arrested....turns out he had 2 knives....~yipes~
so anyway...hope it will be a LONG time before I can top this bus story....lol..

3 comments:

jack69 said...

I agree Mel, that is a shaky situation, and ignorant on the guys part if it is just a habit, or what ever.
HOWEVER, I would have thought you would say," Either put it away or I will take it and put it where the sun don't shine."

Now of course that is just an opinion! hahahahahahahah

Glad no pain was caused except the off and on routine.
Take care and don't get on the bus with the knife man again!!!!
BTW.. Great entry.

Missie said...

Good for you for telling the bus driver. I think most would have just gotten off and not said a thing. Kuddos!

shirl72 said...

Mel thanks for dropping by my blog.
I cannot believe the things that
happen to you while you are sitting
there minding your own business
just trying to get home. I would
have been petrified not knowing
what he had on his mind especially
in todays world. You did the right
thing. You write a good blog and
they are very interesting.

Shirl